Tuesday 11 May 2010

Jogja part 2

Hey! though am not in jogja anymore but I love to share my jogja moments :)). in the previous post I mentioned about keraton jogja. well guess am gonna tell you something about it, for now.

kraton has plenty areas. but first thing you should know, there are two alun-aluns, alun-alun lor (north) and alun-alun kidul (south). if you look closely from kraton through alun-alun lor, you'll see mount merapi (one of the volcanic mountains in indonesia). and if you went straight from alun-alun kidul through plengkung gading (gading gate), you'll reach imogiri then parangtritis sea. fyi, imogiri is a royal graveyard complex in yogyakarta.
basically kraton is divided into seven parts. there are alun-alun, kamandhungan lor (death sentence), sri manganthi, kedhaton complex (common people are not allowed, this is the heart of the palace), kamagangan complex, kemandhungan, and bangsal sitihinggil. unfortunately I couldn't provided the pictures cause my grandfather made me promise to not publish the photos. but after I browsed, I got some pictures :))

in kedhaton complex, all princes used to stay in kasatriyan while princess and queen stayed in keputren. since Sultan HBX only has one wife, all of his family are now live in kraton kilen. kasatriyan is now used to be a museum which can be seen by tourists.

I guess it's all for kraton. wow never thought I could be this passionate when writing about my heritage :))

0 comments: